There is a car to suit literally every budget. Be that a £300 scrapper or a £1 million hypercar, most of us can (just about) choose to get four wheels on the road. This may not even be at the magical age of 17 but at some point in our lives we experience the thrill of driving our own car. So what dictates our choices?
- Price remains a huge factor. Though you can buy outright, get a loan, HPI etc this isn’t necessarily an easy thing to quantify.
- Spec of car. Pay slightly more for higher spec or save the pennies and go more basic?
- Diesel, petrol or hybrid? Definitely no longer a simple decision, what with fuel prices reaching near parity and hybrid tech getting better and better.
- Performance – not necessarily just for the ‘petrolhead’ – everyone likes a little bit of poke when the throttle is tickled.
- Body shape. SUV is not the only one, there’s a few varieties out there!
So there’s a few pointers out there for you. Think about what you really need, what you can afford outright or monthly, test drive and negotiate. Then get behind the wheel!