Speaking at Auto Shanghai 2009, Jaguar Cars Managing Director, Mike O’Driscoll confirmed that:
* The all-new XJ will go on sale at the end of 2009 – but will officially be revealed on July 9th in London
* The all-new XJ is the first car to feature the next-generation of Jaguar’s aerospace-inspired aluminium body architecture
* All of Jaguar’s new ultra-efficient Gen III petrol and diesel engines will be available in the new XJ, including the already acclaimed V6 diesel and 510 bhp supercharged V8
* There will be a choice of standard- or long wheelbase models
* The all-new XJ will introduce the highest standards of personal luxury and specification, including a panoramic glass roof
Full details of the all-new XJ including prices will be revealed on July 9th and orders for delivery in early 2010 will be taken from this time. Dependent on market, the all-new XJ will be in dealerships from the end of this year. To register interest ahead of that time, customers should access www.jaguar.com/allnewxj where the countdown to launch has begun.